TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have later model Huwawe tv boxes got problems

EddieC
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

Older Huawae youview box used to freeze so bought new version off talktalk for £50. After a while picture started pixelating intermittently. Reported fault couple of times and went through usual factory reset retune etc. Eventually they agreed to replace box looked ok for a while then that started pixelating. If older model box is put back on with exactly the same leads then no pixelating at all. Also new box sometimes doesn't respond to remote until.switched off on. Has anyone else experienced similar problems.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
Already tried this numerous times on both of the newer model boxes. Sometimes it seems problem has gone but then it eventually comes back.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

OK, if there is any breakup, try a retune with no aerial connected, then a retune with the aerial connected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8
Tried maintenance resets with and without saving recordings several times on both of the newer midels it doesn't cure problem. I have put the older model box back on now and no break up of picture with this one.
0 Likes

EddieC
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 8
Phone number added
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Yes tried this several times on both of the newer model boxes also retune with aerial out then in. Doesnt last very long before pixellation starts again. Put older model Huawei box back on and it doesn't pixellate at all.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes