cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Have the sports & cinema boost deals finished for good now?

8 REPLIES 8
Slaphead
Conversation Starter

My sports & cinema boost deal (£16.50) is coming to an end on Feb 21st, went on the live chat thingy and was told it will go back up to the £42 price Quiet_face has anybody had any boost deals recently? are they still going as I haven't had anything yet?..

I cannot fault Talktalk at all, so dont really want to move somewere else for a better deal..

ferguson
Community Star

A few things strike me. First, that's an amazing deal and I have never seen anything like it! Second, you still have a month to go, try again when the offer expires, even to the point where you go to cancel the Boosts via My Account, you might get an offer at that point.

Finally, deals come and go all the time, it is a question of keeping an eye out. I doubt that TalkTalk will not offer any in the future.

Slaphead
Conversation Starter

Thanks Ferguson, Yeah, it was a great offer 18 months ago just a shame its coming to an end.

I'll keep an eye out for some deals but had none of late, I dont really understand the cancel boosts in my account thing?..

ferguson
Community Star

Well, when the discounts come to an end you will automatically start being charged at full price. If you don't want that to happen then you cancel the Boosts via My Account. It might be when you opt to do that there may be a further offer presented to you. It might not, it doesn't always happen. But just something to bear in mind.

Slaphead
Conversation Starter

Ahh, ok thanks for that, found what you mean now, the boosts have been greyed out at the moment. I'll keep an eye out, thank for your help..Thumbs_up 

ferguson
Community Star

No worries. Keep us posted!

Lorna775
Conversation Starter

Sounds familiar! My Sky Sport Boost increased to £34 per month from £8.50 having initially been assured it could be renewed at the same price. Obviously canceled the boost and about to opt out of the new £4 multi room charge. By doing this I cannot renew this boost or add any others so happy days, big monthly saving in the long run, thanks TT.

ferguson
Community Star

Happy days indeed. If you like Sky Sports try NOW TV: £7.99 a day; £12.99 a week; or £33.99 a month. Or Sky themselves, minimum £22 a month to subscribe to a range of channels whether you like them or not, plus an extra £18 month for two Sports channels upwards. Just saying.

Lorna775
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the info, not looking for an alternative tho! Just happy to be saving £38 per month.