TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to reset TalkTalk TV Plus Box box everyday

Charlie_bee
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

When I first had the  Youview box I found I had to reset it it about once a fortnight, then it settled down for a while, but for the last few weeks it has needed a retune -  and occasionally a reset -  everyday.

I'm finding that almost everyday I get severe break up on the picture making it unwatchable or recordable . When I check the figures,  the signal strength is down to about 56 percent from about 68%, and the quality down to about 65% from 100%. 

Retuning the channels Returns it to its normal signal strength about 68%, and the quality 100%. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Charlie_bee

Have you tried a maintenance reset? We recommend trying a ‘Factory Reset - Keep Recordings’ first.

How to find maintenance mode?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Debbie

However, I need the recording box to catch all the programs that channels insist on clashing with other channels and the programs occurring at awkward times.

Also, I have well over 100 hours of recorded programs that I still have to watch.

I am hoping that someone can tell me why the box needs retuning every day and what the solution may be.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Charlie_bee

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I can send you a replacement TV box for testing.

Just to advise, TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable box and now only supply the Lite box to all new and existing customers.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Details added as requested.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes