TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, not really a newbie, I have registered before but forgotten user name

u_bob
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Login page says click here to get help for user name, but only allows me to change password.   It is the user name I need 

anyway My real problem is that black tv box is malfunctioning.   Turned box on, black screen.   Powered off at wall / on.   Usual start up visible, loading use SMART ( thought I was )  etc.   All good until guide with programs and strip at bottom showing what is on now, recording program etc.   screen then goes blank

Karl kindly replaced my previous box which was failing to record programs for no obvious reason so have reconnected this for time being.   Booted up fine, guide fine, internet fine.   Haven’t recorded anything yet

please advise

regards Phil

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

u_bob
First Timer
Message 1 of 3

Hi Karl, always good to hear from a master of his subject

Worked like a dream, all good now I think.   Still have a dry solder on aerial out socket, losing Internet connection every couple of days and corrupted disk area which I bypass by keeping the corrupted recording, apart from that all good.

Thanks again for your help, I know what to do for next time.

Regards, Phil

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset and see if this restores functionality.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE