TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long For Replacement TV Box

Onlysye
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Hello, I know that these are difficult times but I've been waiting for a replacement TV box since 16th April. The current one is unusable and won't start up after trying every reset proceedure. Has anyone an idea of how long this is likely to take under the current circumstances?

Thanks, Sye

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

If you look at the detail of your bill in My Account this will show you what you are paying and can give you an idea where you can save, look at any call boosts you are not using etc as these can be removed yourself.

Some smaller items can be removed if you do not use these to reduce the overall monthly cost,

If the overall package price is more than you expect, give our Customer Loyalty Team a call weekdays and they can see if they can help reduce the overall cost.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks Karl, the TV box has arrived. I do have another issue now and it's really not good enough.

When I contacted the customer service rep it was to cancel the contract as the cost had risen to £50 a month. She told me that this was because I was out of contract and if I renewed it the cost would be reduced to under £30 monthly. I renewed the contract in April but have been billed £47.00 a month since.

This is unacceptable and needs to be sorted or I will cancel and look elsewhere.

This issue is made more difficult by the fact that you cannot speak or communicate with anyone from TalkTalk other than post on a public forum!

Regards, Sye

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

i'll get the box sent out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hello, I would appreciate an update if one is available. Still waiting for a replacement. Thanks, Sye

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply fr8ys. I have updated my personal profile with my details.

I originally contected customer service and spoke with a lady who was working from home in N Ireland. I called to cancel as the set top box was unusable. The lady explained that I was out of contract and could renew at a cost saving and she would arrange for a replacement TalkTalk TV box to be sent out. That's all I know I'm afraid.

Thanks, Sye.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi,
I've escalated to the OCE for you.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profileersonal-info

Could you also advise please who (or the department) agreed to the send out so the OCE can try and trace.

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes