TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i remove tv from package?

Louielouisa
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Just noticed I am being charged £4 per month for tv package which I dont use. I only use broadband. Been on my account to see if I can remove this and having difficulties. 

Cheers 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You still get the charge whether used or not buddy. 
i just cancelled my TV PART which was an extra £4 per month on top of my broadband. 
so its now £25pmth rather than £29pmth. 

they are sending me a box to post back their tv box which i couldnt get used-to after having Sky for years. 

i asked on here yesterday and KARL the TT moderator told ke who to call. I did and they took tv part my account off only took5mins. 

You need call and ask for CUSTOMER LOYALTY TEAM mate. Its them who can remove components of your package specifically. 

hope helps mate

Wj mcphie
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

BobC99
First Timer
Message 3 of 10

HI,  I renewed my broadband and said i didn't want TV when it was offered.  Without telling me, the rep gave me a package which includes TV, and I've had messages welcoming me to TV.  I asked another rep who said don't worry, if you don't use it you won't pay anything more.  I don't have a TV box and don't want one.  Could you please confirm that a TV box will not be sent to me and that I won't pay more than the contracted sum?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi

contact our customer loyalty teams directly and they can change or remove part of your package.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jordan2611
First Timer
Message 5 of 10

I have exactly same issue my package is £29p/mth (fibre65). 
i do NOT use the tv box whatsoever and would like this removed from my account if possible. 
i only use the Broadband which is great tbh. 

Wj mcphie
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks karl, 

I originally got just the broadband and then added the tv on months later. It was not a renewal or new contract. As far as I was aware I could opt out of the tv at anytime which I decided to quite quickly as i couldnt access channels 1-5 as i do not have a working Ariel and for the cost of getting one i didnt think it was worth it just for those channels so i decided to get rid of the tv package. The only contract i have is my broadband? I dont have one for tv, I would appreciate if this could be removed as I am paying for a service i literally cant use. 

Thanks 

Louisa 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

This was part of the contract at renewal.  Customers can opt for a package that does not include the TV option when changing their package or renewing the contract etc, but this would not be removed mid contract.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Louielouisa
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Hi karl, 

So I cant remove the £4 charge even though I dont use the TV at all? 

Louisa

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

The TV Charge is part of the contract and includes many items such as the ability to add / remove TV Boosts with only a minimum 1 month commitment.  Access to many on demand programms and the ability to rent / purchase content to watch via the App on the go or via the TalkTalkTV.co.uk website.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes