TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei DN370T.02.04.P & BT TV App for Android

HydeTDS
Whizz Kid
Message 24 of 24

Hi

Inn other support forums I've read that we should see a rollout onto our YouView boxes that allows them to connect to the BT android app.

I have the BT app, but it won't pair with my TalkTalk box. Have TalkTalk not fixed this yet does anyone know? 

Cheers. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi, just had an issue with the replacement box. 4 recordings set for today have failed. Although i could load the epg, switching to other channels just gave me a blank screen.

A couple of cold boots later I can switch and watch channels. But none of my past recordings will play. Instant record does not work either. 

I can pause live TV and then watch what's in the buffer. 

Has the hard drive failed? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 3 of 24

Many thanks. I'll look out for it. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi

I'll get a Box and returns bag out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 24

And another brief freeze again during a documentary on Monaco. 

I'm sorry, this box is more frustrating than the earlier model. Can we arrange to swap it out for another please? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Okay, performed the reset. But the box once again froze for a few seconds during playback of a recording. Skipping to points before and after the point of the freeze could not replicate the original freeze point. 

Worse still the box then later froze altogether. I had to press the kill switch on the back to regain control. 

Think I've also established the cause for not being able to delete a recording. The use case is it's still recording. Pressing the Record button to early terminate the recording of the programme, whilst brings up the correct dialog box to terminate the recording, pressing Cancel Recording doesn't actually stop the recording and thus the Delete function fails too, even though the dialog boxes suggest that the function should work. 

Any thoughts on how to fix the freezing issue? And...

How can we get the cancel recording bug lodged and fixed? 

Cheers. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Yes,  I am being dim. I've just noticed that your maintenance reset comment is a link to a set of instructions and not a menu option.  I'll follow those instructions and get back to you. 😉

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi Karl 

I must be very dim, but I can't find such a menu option.

On the 372  box i have 'INFORMATION & RESET' > Factory Reset > Don't reset or Reset.

The 'Reset' option has a warning against it that says 'WARNING: This will delete all your recordings. 

I've also looked at all the other menu options and can't see anything titled as you've provided above. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi

Try the  Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Karl

I can't find a maintenance reset option in the menus. The only option is a full reset that also deletes recordings, which we don't want to do of course. 

Also got another issue today in that a watched recording refuses to delete. I get the 'do you want to delete' message which I press okay on the Delete option, but nothing happens other than being returned to the recordings view. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi

That is a strange issue. If this keeps happening, try a maintenance reset of the box and see if it still keeps happening.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi, sorry, got another problem...

This new box keeps randomly freezing during playback of recordings. Once playback starts again, if I skip back to before the point playback froze, it'll now play the same section without freezing. 

Amy thoughts / suggestions? 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi

Glad you have sorted things out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

No worries, at least I know I've not lost it somewhere. 😉

I've managed to overcome the single remote issue with my Harmony remote and placing the units in different cupboards and assigning each box to a different IR extender. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi

Replacement boxes are sent without a remote as the current remote will work with the new box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi, new box received and paired with bt android app, but there's no remote control for the new box. Currently using the remote that came with the original box. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

You're Welcome 🙂

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24
Much appreciated, many thanks. 😁
0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Hi HydeTDS

I'll get an updated box out to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes