TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei YouView Fails to Start

louyoke
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

Past few months it’s been acting really slow, occasionally going to black screen or freezing completely.

Past few weeks it started failing on startup and required resetting a few times.

Now it never seems to get back the “System Start Up Error” despite repeated factory resets.

Can I request a new box?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

The system will not allow a box to be ordered, does not even give the option, if TV packages are not present.  When we access an account the list of available equipment presented to us is dependant on the packages associated with the account.

hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

So if I was to pay £7/month subscription, I could get a replacement box, and then just cancel after 1 month? That's kinda crazy…

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

TV Boxes can only be provided to customers with an active TV package.  Your service is set to fibre only without TV.  To add a TV package you can contact our customer loyalty teams directly.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes