TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a legacy TV box DN370T. emailed info@consumer.talktalkplc.com about 2020 upgrade. No reply

MikeC34
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

When I tried to set up my legacy box after moving house I came across this paragraph:

"From 5th October 2020 we will be contacting some customers who are currently using a legacy TalkTalk TV Box (Model DN370T) to offer a free upgrade. The upgrade will add new features like NOW TV and Prime Video and all new features will be automatically updated, so you’ll always be up to date.

Eligible customers will receive an email from info@consumer.talktalkplc.com with further information on when to expect the upgrade."

So I sent an email 08/11/2020 asking when the replacement will be available and attached seven images showing the screen error messages I had been getting. Moving house and lack of any reply left me not pursuing the problems found with the legacy TV box.  I now have time to pursue a replacement DN370T box having seen it now called TALKTALK TV PLUS BOX.  

What is the best way to achieve that?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

ok, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

MikeC34
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for prompt replies and the offer to send a DN360T box.  However I will not have any need for that box. Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box over a year ago and now only provide the DN360T box (lite box) that does not have a hard drive, so no recording features.

You may have seen some marketing material around the new TalkTalk 4K TV box, this does not have a hard drive but can record a freeview channel (whilst Watching) if you attach your own USB device, however these boxes are currently only provided to new customers Taking FTTP services.

At present I can only issue you with the DN360T model.

Let me know if you want me to send this.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MikeC34
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 6

Only this afternoon I printed a TalkTalk screen "RECORDING ON TALKTALK TV".  This shows three devices  that do record programs !

Are you really saying replacement DN370T are only replaced with a TALKTALK TV BOX ?  But my legacy DN370T always did record.

Thank you for your prompt reply but a non-record device would not be of any use to me. 

Surely you mean I need to pay for an upgrade to get a recording TalkTalk device.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I can issue the DN360T box.  This will support the apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime etc, however TalkTalk no longer provide a recording box.

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes