TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

I’ve lost some channels πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Kerry741
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi 

We’ve been having issues with our picture quality recently and have now (hopefully) sorted this out. However , on retuning the tv we have now lost an awful lot of channels. The only ones I can get are the usual bbc1, 2, itv etc along with e4, itv3 and more. But, I can’t get 5star, 5usa, dmax, drama etc. We’ve reset the router, turned off the tv box, done a factory reset on the box but nothing πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ I’m at my wits end, it’s driving us crazy!  Please help……. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Kerry741

Follow the advice from fr8ys and let me know if this has helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Those channels come via the aerial, so resetting the router makes no difference to reception.

This sounds more like an aerial issue, so you can check the following to confirm this.

If you have your tv connected to your box via the coaxial csble, in settings on the box under picture and sound, turn RF loopthough to on.

Alternatively, take the aerial cable out of the box and plug directly into the TV.

Do you get the missing channels on the TV? If not then your aerial has become faulty and you will need to consult a local installer?

If your TV is receiving channels OK, then try retuning the box with the cable out so you get 0 channels, which will clear the memory and then retune again with the aerial in again.

If this fails, then your box tuner would appear to be faulty. In which case let us know so support staff can check if you are eligible for a replacement box.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes