TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV hub ads sticking

des09
Problem Solver
Message 8 of 8

I've had this issue before and assumed it's down to the transmission. But it's started to get very irritating particularly on ITV hub. I've done a search on here and there's a lot of historical references to the problem and no apparent solution.

What happens is that during an ad that is probably the last before rejoining the program, the screen freezes.

The symptoms are similar to loosing broadband.

It needs a manual pause and then an enter, perhaps a few times and it then restarts.

As the problem was raised a number of years ago, there must be an answer by now?

Any help ????

Cliddy
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

We do believe this to be the app itself as it is also prevalent across other youview box models.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

@des09 A Google search also shows that the problems extend to many platforms including their own website online.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for that. I suppose it was always likely to be the actual provider.

I'll check more carefully over the next days and weeks and see if it still occurs using the Samsung app on the TV. If it does it at least clears TT.

It doesn't bode well about getting it fixed either way, as any search on the subject goes back years. Thanks anyway.

Cliddy

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

The ITV Hub is notorious for this kind of behaviour, how thoughtful of them to breakdown during the programme, but not the adverts!

For anybody seeing this behaviour it is best to note time and channel/programme details and refer it directly to ITV:

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024776894-How-can-I-contact-the-ITV-Hub-viewer-support-tea...

Message 5 of 8

Hi @des09 

Well curiously now. I've been trying it out again by playing full hour long shows from the "hub" on my Humax YV box (a retail box not supplied by TT using completely different software and firmware) again, my Netgem box and  my ROKU box all played right through with no sign of the problem on any of them. My SMART TV is Sony and doesn't have the ITV app on it.

Very annoying. I shall perservere.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

des09
Problem Solver
Message 6 of 8

I don't the answer to this, perhaps you do. If you have a smart tv, with apps, does it happen on there too?

I haven't tested it and frankly can't remember either way.

Of course if it does happen on smart tv it's not a TT problem. Perhaps anyone else reading this might know.

Cliddy
0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

@des09 

Mine is exactly the same, the Skipton BS are certainly getting their moneys worth!!

I am using a Humax T2000 so it's an ITV hub or YV issue rather than just a Huawei problem. The back button often works for me.

0 Likes