TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV player has never worked properly - needs updating

ken01
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Hi the itv player on demand, sticks on the 2nd set of adverts and has to be closed. Every single time without fail. It’s done this on all 3 Talktalk tv boxes I’ve owned. I contacted itv regarding this, they told me at first they knew about this issue and fixed it with an update and I should update the software. As I had just done that it turns out the TalkTalk freeview boxes haven’t taken any of the updates for a very long time so I’m stuck on old software which doesn’t work. They told me to contact TalkTalk regarding getting the TV box to accept a newer update to fix the issue. As it stands I still can’t use the itv player.  There has been several updates to the ITV player and the current software I’m stuck in is very old.
Ive pasted the last email I received from ITV technical support for reference below.

can this be looked into please?

thanks

Ken

……………………………………

Hi Ken,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you for sending us the ITV Hub information screen and update screens from your box. From checking these details I can see that you are currently on ​the component software 3.7.54.

On Youview's support page it does appear to be a more recent version made available on the 13th April 2021.

It seems that your box has not picked up the update as of yet, despite your box showing that the last checked for updates was the 30th.

On Youview's support page it does mention that this is a phased software release therefore some boxes will receive this update before others, so it may take a while for the update to reach you I'm afraid. For further guidance on the timeframes, I would advise contacting Youview or TalkTalk as this is out of our control.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/talktalk-software-update-60-48-91-and-72-48...

Kind regards,

Chris

ITV Customer & Viewer Services

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

We can try a box swap, but this would be for a non recording box as TalkTalk no longer supply a recording box.

would you like to try this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ken01
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

I’ve done the lot Karl. Update players and apps, and then a full reset. Twice as the boxes hard drive failed as well.

Still it does not update past the current software version.? Do other TalkTalk tv customers have this issue?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi, 

Then I would try the full factory reset from the settings menu and set the box up from scratch and see what happens.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ken01
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

It does not work, the itv player doesn’t update past the version it already is. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ken, 

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and see if this then downloads the correct version.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes