TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegally adding TV service when not requested

mark_is_annoyed
Sightseer
Message 4 of 4

Why are your live chat agents adding talktalkTV when taking the existing customer fibre 65 package????

A basic google search pointed me to posts on this forum from FEBRUARY about this happening. 

I can answer this for you. Its really simple. Your indian sales%support team earn commission.  So add unrequested products to peoples accounts. THERE IS HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR POSTS. You are entirely failing to resolve ongoing fraudulent acts. So much time wasted talking to your agents.

Then theres the free amazon gift. 

Based on what ive read. If i dont then waste more of my time in 90 days. Ill never see it. Because again. You use a third party to do your dirty work so you have someone else to put the blame on. Years of the same same posts. No sign that talktalk are even trying to PREVENT FUTURE FRAUD suggests to me you are entirely complicit in these FRAUDULENT behaviors by your partners.

So again. I ask.

WHY HAS A TV PACKAGE I DIDN'T REQUEST BEEN ADDED TO MY ACCOUNT? 

3 REPLIES 3

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

I have not said that it is a "software glitch" and I have long since fed back my own thoughts on this to managers, but Talktalk continues with this practice. 

While we are helpless to do anything about it, you may as well take action to get the charge removed.

The description of the package will not change because they believe it is important to stress that their TV facilities are "available".

If you need help with this, please wait for staff to reach your thread next week. Otherwise, the lounge area of the forum may be more suitable for an exchange of thoughts with other customers, @mark_is_annoyed.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

mark_is_annoyed
Sightseer
Message 2 of 4

If it was a software glitch. It would have been fixed LONG AGO.

I have zero interest in someone regurgitating the excuses from the talktalk team. Excuses you apparently believe.

I get that you think you are helping here. But your just not understanding how much money they make from this. From the people that just accept it and pay. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Phone 03451 720046 (Saturday 9am-6pm), @mark_is_annoyed, and they will remove the £4.00 charge.

It will remain a part of the package description however. 

Chat are not setting this up just now, but the problem continues to occur with online renewals/upgrades. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes