TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itv hub not playing

revkim
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 28

Help please. I can load itvhub app, select a programme but will not play - freezes on itv more than TV screen with scrolling balls. Unit is dn372t. Have done factory reset but made no difference. Other apps ok

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hello,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Hi. Working now. Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi

Returning the new box will be ok.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Hi. I received another return envelope and label today. However I have already returned the new box using the envelope and label that came with it. Hope this is OK. Kim

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Many thanks for keeping me updated. Kim

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 28

Hi,

i reported this to YouView and they have already raised an issue to ITV and awaiting a response.

you can monitor progress here on their forum.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7606770/itv-hub-unavailable-on-1st-gen-youview-devi...

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Thanks for the advice 

Message 8 of 28

Thanks 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 28

Totally agree with @fre55die, it is far more likely to be an ITV Hub issue. You would do better to keep your recording box if it is otherwise working OK and return the replacement non-recording box. 

Message 10 of 28

Hi @revkim 

I should return the new lite box that @Karl-TalkTalk  has just sent you and keep the recording box if I were you. You are not alone with ITV Hub problems, I often get problems with it using other devices as well. Whilst not identical very similar problems here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/ITV-hub-ads-sticking/m-p/2855378#M178561

Also the results of a Google search https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=problems+with+the+itv+hub

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

Message 11 of 28

Received today thanks Karl. Sadly there's the same problem!!  😞 itv hub works fine on my  phone. Shall I return the new box so I keep the record function?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi

It's on the way.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Thanks then please go ahead with the swap

Kim

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Hi

You can still pause / rewind live TV.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Is there still a pause facility?

0 Likes

revkim
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 28

Xx

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Hi

I can swap this out however this will be for the DN360T model as we no longer provide the recordable boxes, would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

No, no change I'm afraid Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi revkim

Did the reset help ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. Yes the box is connected directly to the router. I'll give it another reset as soon as I get a a chance. Kim

0 Likes