TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOST ALL MY SUBSCRIPTON CHANNELS

carolonline
Participant
Message 17 of 17

I pay £14.00 a month for my TalkTalk Entertainment Boost, I have a TalkTalk + box, tonight I have been trying everything to get my subscription channels back, turning everything off, waiting, then turn router back on, then box etc etc. I have done sooooo many retunes of my channels and still  nothing. My internet connection is fine, ALL my apps are fine, even my Prime Video. None of my recordings will play, keep getting errors saying not connected to the internet, yet I am, I have rebooted the router, the box etc, done all the help pages step by step more than once and still I have NO subscription channels, please can someone look into this for me and help me get them back

16 REPLIES 16

fre55die
Community Star
Message 1 of 17

Hi @SpanishOlive 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Press the blue start a topic button at the top of the page and post this problem on there.

Thanks.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

SpanishOlive
First Timer
Message 2 of 17

I am currently experiencing the same problems! I've tried everything, like yourself to fix the annoyance but nothing changes. I've been unable to record and watch recordings since December 2020

carolonline
Participant
Message 3 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

OK, many thanks Karl 🙂

Regards

Carol

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi

The box should arrive in 24 to 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

carolonline
Participant
Message 5 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Yes I understand, I was just wondering if there was a way to record TV using another device that plugs into our Smart TV. When will the replacement box arrive Karl?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi

The Lite box cannot record as this does not have a hard drive.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

carolonline
Participant
Message 7 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Ok, will have to go with the Lite then. Karl, if we want to record as we often set the planner for the news etc, how would we do that with the Lite Box?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi

The Lite box will still pause and rewind live TV and have all the apps such as Netflix and Amazon, Now TV etc.  It just will not record.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

carolonline
Participant
Message 9 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Oh, so what happens to the option to record of series, and the pause and rewind? What does the Lite give us?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

I can swap out the box for you, however TalkTalk no longer provide the recording box and we can only provide the lite box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

carolonline
Participant
Message 11 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk

Changed the plugs you sent me, thank you for doing that 🙂 but now I cant get past TalkTalk Waking Up, then I get an error saying box not turned on, to check all cables etc, tried rebooting with the buttons on the box itself, got Talk Talk Waking Up, then blank screen for ages, then TalkTalk Waking Up again and that's where  I am now. If its any help the box itself is making a funny noise and is getting very hot. We have the TalkTalk Plus box.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi

They should arrive in a day or two.  These are usually the first things to fail, so we can rule these out, if not we will keep going until it's resolved 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

carolonline
Participant
Message 13 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk  Oh ok, I didn't realise they were that old, thank you so much for doing this for me, I wait for them to arrive then and I will report back, again, thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Carol

I'm unable to see the TV box online, so I've a set of adapters on the way to you as these are the most obvious points to fail.  they are about 7 years old, so lets swap these out first and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

carolonline
Participant
Message 15 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk  I have done both resets, plus other suggestions in the help pages, still the same issue, we have powerline plugs, they are all working ok, its a TalkTalk Black one, 3 green lights flashing on and off? Is that normal?

Should also mention the box says we are connected to the router and internet, everything else is working ok, we can't access any of our subscription channels as they are not there. All other channels load ok. When retuning channels it shows 0 subscription.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi

How is the box connected to the router ?  Is this direct with a cable or via powerline adapters ?

Also, what happens when you select one of the channels ?  is there any specific error message ?

Have you also tried a Youview Maintenance Reset  to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips