TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longterm issues with freeview picture breaking up

Neilb5
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi, we currently get a lot of pixelating on freeview channels like bbc 1,2 itv and channel 4. I can fix this for a bit by taking the aerial out and re-connecting/twisting it a lot, after a few min it improves for a bit. However this is only a short term fix, also tried a signal booster but this didn't help. We have also tried the same channels on our TV and an old PVR and they have no issue, have also swapped round and changed aerial but this didn't help the youview box. Please also note that this is the second box we've had with this issue, the first box we had for years didn't have this issue but became far to slow and died. The replacement had this issue and we were given a replacement which still has the same issue. Please advise

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks, have double checked I have the correct phone number and account number.

0 Likes

bedders
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

Best advice is to go out and buy a decent Youview box from Humax and you will have no further problems. If you've had the same problem with 2 Talktalk boxes it would appear to be an inherent issue. The tuners are weak and need a stronger signal, which is why your TV and other boxes are fine.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

I'm assuming you have tried a retune? If not then take the aerial out and retune. You will get no channels found, but this will clear out the box memory.

Once done do a retune and see if it makes any difference.

Let's us know but in the meantime, I've escalated to the OCE for you.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 4 of 6

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, but we have tried the same cable on the TV and an older PVR, and also tried the cable from them on the youview box, neither the TV or older PVR had any issues, and the youview still had the issue. The cables are all brought from TV shops and the plug sections do not come off.

Not to keen to try pliers on the box, as we may need to return it and I don't want to break it, especially as this is the second box with this issue anyway.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Have you tried the same aerial cable plugged into the TV?

It may be a lead issue or the plug on the aerial sounds like it may not be making a smooth connection if it works for a while after you have reconnected it.

Is the lead a shop bought one that has sealed connections or one that the plug can be unscrewed from? if the latter try rewiring it ensuring that the outer portion of the cable is not touching the inner solid core.

Can you try another lead to see if there is a break in the one currently being used?

One last thing, but you do need to be careful doing this. Using a small pair of pliers try gently squeezing the connector on the box so the plug is a tighter fit. do not squeeze too tightly though as you need to be able to get the plug back in.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes