TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of channels

SimonD_WF
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I've been on to my TT box this morning and noticed channels which were there a few days ago (Syfy on 319 etc) have now dropped off and stopped broadcasting. Is this due to TT removing them from boosts because my other boost channels are still available or have they stopped broadcasting totally? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

All TV Boosts are ending in the near future, and we do suggest that customers take up the offer for Now TV.  Currently there is a new offer via My Account for Entertainment Pass or Cinema Pass for 4.99 each.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Uakari
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 4

So it's TalkTalk that has removed SyFy and E?  Why is that?

The only one that's being removed by the network itself is Fox? 

Are you still planning on removing access to boost channels completely and this part of a slow death to try to move people to Now TV? If so, I will probably just end removing the boost channels and not replace them with Now TV because it lacks functionality like recording, and it is doesn't have enough channels for the price anyway.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

some channels have stopped or been removed.  This doesn't just affect us, but other providers etc.

Fox channel is stopping as this is owned by Disney and they are pulling content into their Disney Plus app. 

The Discovery channel is closing, affecting Now TV memberships.

SyFy channel is being removed from TalkTalk but can still be accessed via Now TV membership.

E! Is being removed and can be accessed via a Hayu membership.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes