Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost Boost channels since upgrading to fibre

13 REPLIES 13
BenFerg
Popular Poster

Hi, since upgrading to fibre I've lost all my boost channels and receive the IPC6023 message. I've looked through the various threads on this subject and followed the relevant advice e.g. reset router, apply updates on the youview box, check cable, wired/direct connection. I can still access on demand content, I player etc, as well as the catch-up services for the boost channels (sky one and Disney kids catchup etc). Speed tests over the past week have also been good 30-50mbps. Is this a problem that needs sorting on TalkTalk's side of things? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ben

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Speeds are fine and all tests are clear showing Multicast is enabled on your circuit. In other words, I can't see anything obvious from here.

Is the TV box direct to the router with a cable ?

Do on demand players work such as BBC Iplayer etc ?

Can you power off the router for 30 minutes to clear the session then retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

BenFerg
Popular Poster

Thanks for the response, Karl. Yes, I can confirm that the router is wired to the TV box and all on demand services such as iPlayer/sky one work. I've tried turning off the router again but still no luck with the boost channels. I still receive the same IPC6023 message. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ben

OCE_Karl

Hi

OK, I've removed the registered TV box from our system.  Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and this will register again, then see if the same error occurs.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

BenFerg
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl. I've reset the box as instructed but still no luck with the boost channels I'm afraid. Is there anything else I can try? 

OCE_Karl

Hi

I've another router on the way to make sure the current router is not failing to pass along the TV data.

I'll also book out a multicast engineer to verify the TV Traffic at the exchange port.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

BenFerg
Popular Poster

Thanks again Karl. The router arrived today but unfortunately I receive the same error message when trying to watch boost channels. I'll wait to hear what the engineer has to say. Thanks for your continued assistance and speedy responses. It's much appreciated!

OCE_Karl

Hi BenFerg

Openreach engineer confirms the circuit ID is 3001,  our system shows circuit ID 3002, so a miss match has been identified.

I've raised this to our network teams to have this reconfigured.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

BenFerg
Popular Poster

Hi Karl, I still don't have boost channels following your update below. Has the reconfiguration taken place? 

ferguson
Community Star

Bear in mind that the support team won't be back online until tomorrow, your latest post has been flagged for their attention. 

OCE_Karl

Hi Benferg

Our network teams have tried calling a couple of times but got no answer.  I'll escalate this case back to them.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

OCE_Karl

Hi

Networks have confirmed that the Circuit ID has been verified now with openreach, but a fibre test is showing a possible high resistance fault on a copper joint so this needs to be cleared before we can move forward.

I've an openreach engineer coming out tomorrow 11th between 8-1.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

BenFerg
Popular Poster

Hi, 

The engineer did come out and confirmed there were no issues and he would report back to talk talk. That was over two weeks ago and I've heard nothing since. Thanks for your responses but I'm disappointed, the TV Boosts were working fine until I upgraded to fibre. I've now cancelled the TV Boosts.

OCE_Karl

Hi

I'm sorry you have had to cancel the TV Boosts.  We do have offers available in My Account for Now TV.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips