TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost channels, eg 4+1 HD since retune

Olly12
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

Had some automatic retune a few days ago,  after which I have lost channels, eg Ch 4 +1 HD. Should be on channel 109, but this just says "No channel". I live in West London, so should be no issue with signal etc.

What's going on?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @Olly12

Do you have a FULL HD TV? If so is this picking up the channels?

As I said the recommended aerial for Crystal Palace WAS a type A aerial until this retune. Providing you don't have Satelite or Cable TV (VIRGIN) then they should replace the aerial FREE if this was working until 23 March. They did for me. The only thing I'm a bit peeved about is that they fitted a loft aerial as they claimed that they couldn't get to the rooftop aerial safely. However the signal on all of the channels ls all very strong so far.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.

Olly12
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the advice.

I tried the retuning with aerial out, then in. But no change.

Seems odd, as had brand new rooftop aerial fitted a year or so ago. Will try contacting Freeview (no answer right now).

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Olly12

I am assuming that you are receiving signals from Crystal Palace. Try unplugging the aerial and doing a retune, this will show no channels but will clear the memory. Plug aerial back in and retune. (YV button on remote > Settings > TV channels then retune)

If this doesn't work then contact FREEVIEW who will arrange to send out an engineer and if your aerial is no longer compatible will replace the aerial for free as they have moved COMS 7&8 to frequencies that cannot be received by the Type A aerial which was the recommended type.

More info here. There was also another retune needed for CP on 21/4

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Crystal_Palace

Freeview contact Crystal Palace (Greater London, England) Full Freeview transmitter | UK Free TV 🇬🇧 🆓.📺  

This is for Crystal Palace but you can search for your transmitter from the menu on the top left of the homepage if you are in another area.

AND the contact number is here.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.