TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAY £5 movie voucher not valid

fdt77
First Timer
Message 20 of 20

Talk talk have emailed us a £5 voucher code to redeem in May 2020 to be redeemed against a film etc.  We have followed the instructions.  Added the code under the add voucher area on our tv in the payment section before entering pin and it just says ‘invalid voucher code’. Why is this please?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Troy14

I'm showing a movie rental via voucher on 23rd.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20
Hello
I have TV subscription, but still cant use £5 film voucher for may. Not accepting voucher code, Is it because I have old remote and cant get capital letters?
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Bu&&er!!! I'd have been cheeky and asked for that if I'd known you could when I reported. But we did really enjoy Joker and it's great quality and works well.

Richard🙄

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Karl, you are a super star. Thank you!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi KazzieBear

I can see the movie purchase, I'll remove the Movie and add a credit back to the account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 20

Hi Karl,

Last night I posted a message explaining that I had accidentally bought a film while trying to get the voucher to work. I can't see the message here now, has it been removed? I haven't watched the film so it says I should be able to get the money refunded back to my account. Please can you help as it's £11.95 for a film I don't want and haven't watched but I've checked my account and I'm being billed for it. I've been sent in circles trying to get an answer from TalkTalk. Thank you.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 20

No Problem 🙂

Enjoy.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Thank you Karl, I'll look forward to enjoying a film.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

@Karl-TalkTalk that's the way to sort something like this out! Well done.

regards,

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 20

Hi All,

An Update for you. 

Some customers may have received the email incorrectly, and if you are one of those affected, then I apologise.

Our teams have lifted the restriction for May and you will now be able to use the code TAKE54MAY  (Once Only) when renting a movie.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 20

Hi

This will be fed back to the relevant teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

I have never had this email before! So I like others thought it might be treat in this lockdown days as everyone is spending more on the internet and TV etc and there is bound to be more profit for big companies like TalkTalk.

It's a big deal in our house to watch a big film - even our son joined us who who onlt see twice a day normally. (he misses breakfast).

I tried it every way I could but no its not valid.

Can you explain why I was sent it and where in the conditions of the voucher (yes I have read them!) does it mention it not being valid for me?

kind regards,

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Thanks for your reply Karl. The point here is that you have wrongly sent this email to a number of people saying "your £5 voucher awaits" and "get more from talktalk tv". 

You have sent it to people to whom it does not apply although like me as they receive their tv through talktalk are entitled to assume they have "talktalk tv". (We have talktalk tv but not in the way you mean it!).

Apart from the fact that this is far from clear, it is obviously a mistake and deserves at the very least an apology for raising people's expectations at a time when cinemas are closed and moneys for many are tight!

Obviously not impressed!

Richard

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 20

Hi

For those that have chosen to opt out initially from the TV Charge or those that have negotiated a contract without TV, the voucher code is not applicable.

A Voucher code is issued each month and shown on the TV Box for those that have the TV charge on their account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Richard2020
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 20

Same here. It was a nice surprise in the current climate to get the email with the voucher and our family looked forward to watching the new Star Wars film on saturday evening. It was upsetting and an embarrassment  when the voucher code did not work (on many attempts!). I re read the email and the conditions and cannot see why the offer should not apply. I felt duty bound to pay for the rental to avoid the disappointment. Talktalk - can you explain +refund?

Richard
0 Likes

timbo1960
First Timer
Message 16 of 20

I have the same issue. The May code is not valid. Tried in uppercase and lowercase with no luck. 

0 Likes

Gazza11
First Timer
Message 17 of 20

Same, I read somewhere that you need to have tv package, at £4 a month to use the code which I don’t, why send it to me if it’s not valid?

KazzieBear
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 20

I've got the same problem, it says it's not valid. Has anyone resolved this issue?

0 Likes

Arcobow
First Timer
Message 19 of 20

Hi

I also received the voucher on Thursday and follow the instructions but it is not working.

Does any body have the same issue and sorted.?

Thanks

0 Likes