TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More TV - Not working

XYZ123ABC
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Dear community,

When I press the more TV button on my remote (V4 Remote),  my talk talk plus box shows the word loading, and then 4 dots moving from left to right, then the box simply opens the channel I was watching.

I have also pressed menu and then scrolled across to more TV and tried clicking on more TV. I have also tried simply pressing down, and the same tv channel is displayed.

I now cannot access the SKY TV boost i am paying for because of this.

I have shut down the box,  tried software update and still have this issue.

Any ideas how to resolve it?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Ferguson,

My hub/router is too far away from the TV plus box and I do not have a long ethernet cable. I am however using a Gigabit powerline adaptors between the TV plus box and the router (which can handle HD and 4K streaming, including gaming and does so with ease).

If i move the hub/router closer to the box, the hub will not be connected to the master phone line which will probably result in a reduction in broadband speed etc. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

Pleased we have solved one issue. As for 501 - 510, are pixelated or not pixelated?

Try rebooting the router again, leaving off for 30 minutes to establish a new session. If that does not work, post back so the support staff can pick up and advise further.

Thanks

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Fr8ys,

I tried the factory reset - but keep recordings. I then checked for software update and that appears to have done the trick.

The more TV button is now working, although some of the channels 501 - 510  are not a bit pixelated which is odd. line check does not suggest anything is wrong with my line?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Streaming apps such as Prime work differently from Sky Boosts , the latter do require a cleaner and more consistent connection. Have you tried connecting temporarily via ethernet cable to see if that helps? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Fr8ys,

I have tried everything mentioned apart from Factory reset - as I do not wish to loose recordings.  

The powerlines i have work fine and i am able to stream Prime via the box.

I will try a factory reset - keep recordings and post an update

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

You have tried a number of things I'd recommend already.

Have you tried rebooting and / or turning your router off for 30 minutes? Have you tried rebooting / repairing your power line adaptors if you use them?

Have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the OCE look at other alternatives.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes