TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom Questions

craiga79
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I see that multiroom is becoming available. I found an aticle that invites me to start a "live chat" to organise it. Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to open a live chat.

The thing is, we have 4no. BT branded youview boxes in use in the house with the 4K dtr4000 being used as the Primary box for Talktalk. This is a rapid box with a useful 1tb drive that works fine and I have no plans to change it.

I notice that multiroom invites me to buy a new recording box at £50 and a £0 setup fee or a new new non recording box for £25 with a £25 "engineers" setup fee. 

Is it possible to just add multiroom at £4 per month and use one of my current connected dtr2100 boxes?

All of the existing boxes are already setup and LAN connected, so no need for any hardware changes or visits. Oh, and they all worked beautifully on all IP channels in the great days before a "Primary" box was a thing, so hopefully no technical reasons to stop me using one as a mutliroom box? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

You're welcome. I'll post back as soon as I get an answer for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Ady.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi craiga79, I've got no idea on this one, but I know people who do so I've passed this question over to them and will post back once I get an answer for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes