TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom self set up

Dstewart2205
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi folks, sorry if I'm dragging up an already asked question. If I've got two talktalk tv boxes, means to connect second box to the Internet (I put an ethernet point in every room at one point) then how do I get both boxes activated for boost channels other than an engineer visit? Can this be done remotely as I would rather do it this way given the whole covid situation as my partner cares for her elderly grandmother so were still being overly careful. Many thanks for any responses, David. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

If you select one of the boost channels on the other box, then select ok it it asks to make that box the main one, do the channels then work across both boxes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Dstewart2205
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Yes the other box is still working on standard channels but only one box will allow boosts channels to be used. Many thanks, David. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi, 

If you select one of the boxes as the main box, the other will usually work also

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dstewart2205
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

No problem i currently have kids and entertainment boosts active since the beginning of the contract, the main thing I am wondering is if I put a second box in the house it is asking me to choose a main box rather than running a multiroom set up as such, the "second" box will only run basic channels. I am wanting to have my active boosts available on both boxes. I hope that explains it a bit better. Many thanks, David. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

If you already have the boost added it will continue until removed, if you do not currently have the boost it cannot be added.

Sorry if this is not what you meant, I thought you were asking about adding the boost.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dstewart2205
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply Karl, I am aware these are due to end but would i be right to assume I will continue receiving these channels until the end of my contract? I've still got a year left to run. Many thanks, David. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi David, 

Boost channels are no longer available for new or existing customers and these will all stop at some point in the future.

You can access Now TV via the app on the box if they are connected to the internet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes