TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TV - error message when trying to Update Apps

XYZ123ABC
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Dear community,

I have tried to update my apps, on my talk talk TV plus box.

my box is connected by ethernet and when i check for the software up to to date the box confirms i have the latest update, however when I click to update the apps the box gives the following message.

We Can’t update your Apps

Please try again later or Visit

Talktalk.co.uk/tvhelp for help

Any ideas how to resolve this (the aforementioned message on the box provides no help at all)

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Karl,

The apps are working okay, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

OK, are all apps working ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Karl,

I performed a factory reset - keep recordings and then run the software update and the box no longer shows this message.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

The box will check for updates automatically overnight.  If there are no issues with the apps, then all should be good.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Ferguson,

The message on the box is very misleading.

The model number is DN372T

Component software 3.7.108
Manufacturer software 72.48.91

I am not concerned about any particular apps, however the box is always connected to broadband so it should receive the updates and be up to date.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

That can be a somewhat misleading message, it in fact suggests that you have no updates available.

Which box model/software version do you have? Are there any particular apps you are concerned about? If so let us know the version number.

0 Likes