cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My TV

Northeagle
Team Player

As stated on Openreach's website when u search my address to see if u can receive fibre.

"Great news. Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) is now available to millions of UK homes and businesses – including yours."

Something is not right here. I am being told two different things. 

How do we sort this? 

Thanks. 

K SANDERSON
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Fibre may be available from Openreach but at this time is not available from us.  Two openreach engineers have been out and confirmed that fibre is not available at this time for your address, and we can do nothing about this until Openreach make fibre available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Northeagle
Team Player

So where do I go from here now?  This whole thing has just become a joke. 

So if this case is now sorted (which I believe it isn't but I'm not got going to get any further am i) can we sort out compensation, not only for the landline issue but also for all the grief and hassle this has caused myself and my family. 

Thanks. 

K SANDERSON
OCE_Karl

Hi

You can discuss your billing with our customer service colleagues, but as BT have stated on both occaisions that fibre is not available to you, this can go no further.  You will have to remain on ADSL until such time as BT add extra capacity to the cabinet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Northeagle
Team Player

Hi Karl

I have contacted BT Openreach and this is the response:

Hello Gary,

Thank you for contacting us. I have looked in to your enquiry and can see that Fibre to the Cabinet (Superfast fibre) is available to you. I'm not sure if the Engineer is getting confused with Fibre to the Premises (Ultrafast fibre). I have contacted the Project Manager for your area to see if or when Fibre to the Premises will be available to you. As soon as I have a response I will be in touch. In the meantime if you wish to order Fibre to the Cabinet please contact your chosen Service Provider to place an order.

Kind regards

Aaron Smith
Infrastructure Solutions Customer Service – Fibre Enquiries
Openreach

I shall let you know the outcome of this. 

Thanks. 

K SANDERSON
Northeagle
Team Player

So if I'm reading this right, I can get fibre to the cabinet (fast fibre) which I signed up for?? 

Thanks. 

K SANDERSON
OCE_Karl

Hi

BT May be able to provide this to you, but 2 seperate engineers have attended and confirmed this is not possible.  We are unable to action this further until such time as Openreach confirm to us that it is available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Northeagle
Team Player

Hello Gary,

I can see that an order was raised for Superfast fibre. Talk Talk will need to speak to our Service Management Centre if you aren't receiving it. We don't have any involvement once the systems shows Fibre is available and orders raised.

Kind regards

Aaron Smith
Infrastructure Solutions Customer Service � Fibre Enquiries
Openreach

K SANDERSON
Northeagle
Team Player

I spoke to a BT Openreach engineer, face to face, and asked him about this situation.  He has told me the problem is when the contractors installed the cabling underground from the cabinet they missed a big chunk of cable, that unfortunately would have supplied super fast fibre toy house. They are trying to source where it actually should be and then get the company out again to put it in. So fingers crossed that shouldn't be too long. 

Thanks. 

K SANDERSON
Northeagle
Team Player

Just received this text message:

TalkTalk update: Hello, we believe that your service issue has now been resolved and everything should be running as you'd expect.

Can anyone tell me what this is regarding? Because as far as I am aware I am still not on to fibre yet???  And this was the only case I have open now. 

Thanks.

K SANDERSON
OCE_Karl

Hi

Our teams will consider the issue to be resolved as this cannot progress any further.

Until such time as the relevant infrastructure is in place in your area, we are unable to provide a fibre connection to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Northeagle
Team Player

Ok well I sort of understand this, and I know I will be able to get this fibre someday.....but my concern is that I am still being charged for fibre, which isn't a great deal extra,but I have been told on the talktalk chat that I have to stay on this tariff to be able to claim for compensation when I am live on fibre. Is this right? 

I am also trying to get compensation for the landline issue...which I never seem to get to speak to the relevant people. 

I just seem to be going round in circles. 

Thanks.

K SANDERSON