TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My youview box doesn't always work

Caroline1962
First Timer
Message 7 of 7
I have had my youview box for a long time now and for the last couple of months it is has not been working consistently. There have been several days that the box would not switch on, each time tried another electrical item in the socket to make sure it was not the socket and found the electrical socket working fine, checked all the connections and made sure they were correctly attached. I tried phoning talktalk customer service line this morning and selected the option that it was my tv box that was not working properly, I then received a text telling me that they tested my broadband line and it is working fine (I already knew that because I am working from home and having no problems with the broadband). By the time I received the text I had managed to get the box working (after several attempts of doing the same things over and over). Does anybody know how I can get this resolved because I can't seem to be able to speak to anybody over the telephone.
C DeCourcy
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Glad our colleagues were able to help you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Caroline1962
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for the messages.  I managed to speak to a very nice lady who was very helpful.

C DeCourcy

Message 3 of 7

Hi Caroline1962

You are currently on a package that does not include TV, so no TV box can be issued.

If you would like to change your package to include TV, please call our Loyalty Teams directly and they can add this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Staff are stretched at times, @Caroline1962. I'm sure @Karl-TalkTalk will respond.

The phone lines open at 9am:

03451 720046

Chat, from 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Caroline1962
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I added my phone number within minutes of your reply but have heard nothing else from you since.  Is there another contact number that I could phone to speak to somebody about the youview box or have talktalk stopped speaking to people over the telephone.  I will be glad of any assistance I can get to resolve this issue.   

Thanks

Caroline.

C DeCourcy
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes