TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix been out of sync forever!

nonsense
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

This is a forever problem with TT! My family don't seem to mind but it drives me crazy. What's weird is that the picture is ahead of the sound rather than the other way round - one would expect the picture to have a greater delay because of the amount of processing required compared to the sound. I worked in TV for over 25 years so maybe I just notice more, but it's a long way out and it won't be Netflix! Having delivered many programmes to them, they are meticulous in their QC. It must be the box or the way TT is processing the data back at base.

HDMI out of digibox into TV. Freeview channels seem fine.

Pleeeeeease can someone look into this proper as I've been meaning to raise it for a long time and having recently retired I am watching more TV.

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

nonsense
Team Player
Message 1 of 12

Hi @Karl

Sorry, I got ahead of myself there. The Freeview channels are all fine using the same set-up Doh! So it must be processing pre box output!!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi

If the initial feed from us were at fault, we would see more reports of this.  Have you tested any other devices connected from your netgear adapter ?  Have you checked all other on demand players etc.    Also, check the sound from the TV HDMI without using any amp or receiver, just the TV's own sound and see if it is in sync.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

nonsense
Team Player
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Karl

I've just had a thought which might make sense. I always listen to the audio via a digital amplifier/receiver. I wonder if its processing the audio in a way that's delaying it. That would do it! If you are sure that you are not experiencing the same then I'll dig out the manual for the amp and see if can fix it that way. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Thanks

0 Likes

nonsense
Team Player
Message 4 of 12

Hi Karl,

Yes, I've tried everything I can think of. I reckon the picture is ahead by about 4/5 frames.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

Have you tested the box direct to the router bypassing any adapters etc, just a straight cable in to the router to see if the sync issue happens.  I've not seen this, and I watch a lot of content on Netflix.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

nonsense
Team Player
Message 6 of 12

Hi Karl,

I'm on my 3rd box since I've been a TT customer. 2x372T 1x360. The box is connected to the router via a dedicated 5G Netgear adaptor which is pretty bulletproof. I have used powerline adaptors too, but the performance was not good. I take the video and audio from the HDMI to the TV.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

Which model box do you have, and is it a direct connection to the router or via powerline adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

nonsense
Team Player
Message 8 of 12

Hi @debbie @karl

Could you please look into this for me. 

Thanks so much,

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

@nonsense  Hmm. In the settings on the TTbox you could try playing with the HDMI and S/PDIF settings to see if it makes any difference.

I have never noticed it myself and this is the first time that I have come across this. I must confess that I very rarely use Netflix on the box. I think I have my S/PDIF into the TV from memory and it's very hard to trace the lead as the TV is on the wall together with my home Cinema receiver.

Do you have an alternative source such as, if your TV is "smart" is there a Netflix app on that, or a Roku or Firestick for example to see if this problem is just on the TT box or, if the cause is the TT broadcast itself as I should guess that they will all be using the same feed.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Fre55die,

So yes its the same whatever reset. I only just factory reset the box last week but same same. It's interesting that you mention the synchronise pic and sound setting as it does as I previously mentioned which is to delay the audio to match the sound. I need to either delay the picture or advance the sound! So I'm stumped again! Perhaps I'll try taking the audio direct from the spdif on the box without using the HDMI, but it would not make sense for them to be different!

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

@nonsense 

I haven't found this myself so, The only options that I can think of are,  firstly try a maintenance reset : https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

If your box is recordable then option 2 keeps your recordings otherwise full factory reset. This should reinstall the operating system and the latest version of the apps.

The only other thing, if this doesn't cure it. is Blue YV/Menu button on remote > up to settings > then Picture and Sound > Synchronise Picture and Sound.

The one other thing that springs to mind, is are your HDMI leads good quality ones rather than the cheap supplied ones which can cause problems.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes