Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Netflix problems through Youview box

8 REPLIES 8
deepwaters5
Whizz Kid

For quite a while now we've been experiencing problems while (at least a year) watching Netflix - the screen freezes and we have to turn off/on the box to get anything to work again. Might have even posted about it on here in the past but no resolution found. Reset, update software - none of that works. IS there a solution for this problem? We've been watching through our Wii but that will no longer support Netflix. 

Happy for other workarounds too but would prefer to be able to view through the box. 

thanks

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The speed looks ok but I can see some errors so I want to test a different model of router first to see if this makes any difference.  This is on the way to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

deepwaters5
Whizz Kid

Hi

Thank you.

Got the router and it's connected. Tested it a little over the weekend. Still had some problems but not as bad as before. Will do some more testing today and see how it goes.

OCE_Karl

Hi

Ok, after testing, please also confirm if Netflix is affected on both the TV box or other devices or just the TV box only.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

HappyPete
Popular Poster

Used my Youview box to view Netflix and it worked well if a little slow. Wanted NOW TV but the box only supported Movies so bought a stand alone NOW TV box for £30.00 from Currys (not a stick).

WOW!!! The speed on all apps is amazing. Netflix loads 10 times faster. NOW TV Movies (One Month Pass free with Box) also lightning fast.  Really cannot fault it (Yet).

I am on Talk Talk Fibre Broadband and I am very happy with the speed when online but the apps on my Youview box (which is a few years old now) certainly are not the bees knees.

deepwaters5
Whizz Kid

It seems as if Netflix is working better with the new router, through the Youview box, although there is still problems with it freezing, just not as much. I also feel that the  BB connection drops more with the new router and my speeds seem lower. Is this one for fibre BB? 

I was able to watch Netflix through the Wii, connected to same router as box, until the end of January (when Nintendo stopped it) and we didn't have problems viewing it that way. So maybe it's the box and not the router?

OCE_Karl

Hi

When the broadband drops, do the lights change on the router, or any lights turn red etc.

All line tests are clear and are not picking up any errors on the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

deepwaters5
Whizz Kid

The router has 6 lights. The four on the right - tv, ethernet, internet, wireless - are amost always blinking but they are green. Once in a while I see a solid green. Does the blinking mean that it drops? Or just working? The last one had a solid light so maybe it's not dropping. 

Webpages do take longer to load at times. 

OCE_Karl

Hi

The ethernet / wifi lights etc will all blink as Data is passing through the router, this is normal. If the internet or power lights go Red, that would be a bad sign.

Do you have any issues with any of the on demand players on the box, so likes of BBC Iplayer etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips