TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TalkTalk TV box is downgrade from my current legacy box

PeterBen
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Just received unsolicited TalkTalk box and it is a Standard Box that will not record any channels.

My current Youview box that I have had for over 7 years records on 2 channels and allows me to watch a 3rd.

I don't want the new box and it remains unopened, how can I arrange for it to be collected and TV plus box delivered so I can continue recording channels. I am not prepared to pay for this service as I currently have this level of service from my old box.

This is not an upgrade as stated it is a downgrade...

PeterBen

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Peter

If you would like to place a cancellation you can call our customer loyalty colleagues directly on 03451720046 and they can assist with this.

As mentioned, you have received the correct box as per our process.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Karl

the official answer is the boxes are worth nothing to you, you don't want it back and I can just give it away!

Sums up your attitude towards loyal customers?

If you are not going to replace my old box (that you tell me is out of date) with a similar box then that's fine - I will go elsewhere. What could have been a fantastic positive customer experience has just become a very negative issue.

Well done - just shot yourselves in the foot! and I am obviously not the only customer that feels like this now!

Peter

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

You have received the correct box, the Lite box.

You do not have the TV charge applied or use any TV boosts.

The box was sent for free. If recording functionality is important, you can still use your existing box for recordings. If not wishing to use the new Lite Box as your main box, you can use this in another room or pass it to a family member if not required.

The Lite box will receive future updates and does support the later Amazon Prime and Now TV apps.

If a plus box is required, this can be purchased via our customer service teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

I have been  a loyal customer for over 7 years, initially I had a landline, broadband and TV box, with the service came a free Sim card.

A few years ago the Sim card was taken away and I have to pay O2 for that service, I have used the landline once in the last year and now Talktalk wants to further reduce its service by taking away my ability to record on my TV box!

It is dressed up as an upgrade but is in fact a way to force me to pay for services I have had for 7 years.

The difference in cost between the boxes is a few pounds and if Talktalk can no longer supply software upgrades then it is their responsibility to replace like for like not downgrade the service go a long standing customer. 

My current contract is up for renewal in January,  meanwhile I will continue to go on using my current box and Talktalk can arrange to collect the sub standard replacement at their own cost.

I will not renew my faster broadband service without this issue being resolved to my satisfaction,  I can pay various broadband providers a monthly fee for a similar service. 

PeterBen

Message 5 of 11

@Worthy2, the browse button is visible when you are signed in, and is on a yellow background. 

Under "help with your Talktalk service" you'll see a list of message boards for help. Click on the appropriate board and then on start a topic to create your own thread. 

Edit: I see that you have found your way in the end! Wait for staff to reach your new thread before posting further. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 11

Hi PeterBen

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if required. We will then reply via this Community.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you. Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11
Wheres the browse button, and I thought as it was the same topic I should use the same thread , sorry I got confused

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

@Worthy2 Hi,
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Worthy2
First Timer
Message 9 of 11

The same thing has happened to me, I am not at all happy as this box is definitely a downgrade, I cannot record programmes as I did with my old box. Have tried phoning but cannot get hold of anyone. I didn’t ask for this box and I am not getting what I originally signed up for.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi,

It depends upon if you pay the £4 TV access fee as to which box is sent. If you don't pay this you have been sent the correct free box, that gives access to additional apps your existing box does not.

You are in the staff's queue for them to confirm the position and for a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes