TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New You view box received but no remote included will my old 7 year old remote work.

Gareth381
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I did not order a new box, I queried as to why I had got it and was told it was a goodwill gesture for a long time customer. When I unpacked it, there was no remote control included. The picture of the remote control on the instructions looks totally different to the one I presently use with my existing 7 year old box. Will the old remote work with the new box. I am reluctant to try it yet as I have numerous recorded programmes still to watch on my old box.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi

Old remote will work, but any issues, just let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Mikem
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Gareth381,

I hope you had a good weekend. Probably a good opportunity to catch up on your old recorded programmes.

I'm glad to hear you have received a new TV box. I'm sure your old remote will work with your new TV box but just in case I will pass this onto the team to take a look and see if our latest version would be better for you. 

You might find the article TalkTalk Remote Control Guide  useful too.

0 Likes