TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order wrong

Harold84
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

My father in law (84), wanted to come back to talktalk from by, he organised this with 'mick'. He said he told Mick he wanted TV broadband and calls, I visited today, he has a router and no TV box and his order stipulates only broadband and calls, this means they could be left with no TV and that's about all they have in life at the moment. Help please

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Harold84

Did you manage to get this sorted out with our colleagues ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Harold84

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check on this order.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

My father does have an aerial, but no Freeview box, in his initial order he asked for a box, it was not put on his order, I helped him go on chat because when he phoned they asked him for part of a telephone password but he hasn't a clue what they are talking about. His broadband had gone live, he asked for a box last week, chat said okay, still no order. He gets anxious because he is using the old by box till TT box comes. I'll put his number where you suggests. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Thank you so much for the useful info
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Harold84

Does your father not have a standard freeview TV and external aerial ?

Please note, with a TV Box, an aerial is required.

We can look into this for you, but what our colleagues say is correct, once the initial order is live, no other orders can be placed until the main order completes / goes live.  Once the services are up and running then any additional equipment orders can be placed.

Can you add your fathers phone number to your 'Community Profile' and I can take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

These things are usually added or removed by Chat or phone help staff, @Harold84.

If your father in law is elderly, it might be a very good idea to make sure that a note has been put in the details of his account. 

Please take a look here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

Chat is available for help every day, and phone help would have been available if he had registered his accessibility requirements. The phone number is 03451 720046 or try 03451 720088. If he isn't registered, it's only open Monday to Saturday, not Sunday. 

Both the above open at 9am. 

Scroll down to the link on the page for Chat, and the full list of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

For staff to help, please complete your community forum profile details and add your father in law's details in Private Notes. 

This is for them to identify the account. They won't phone him. Forum help is on this thread only.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. Add your details here.

At the end of that section find Private Notes. Put your father in law's name, address and Talktalk landline number in there. Save changes. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. Staff sometimes take a couple of days to catch up with threads after the weekend. 

They are likely to say that you need to wait until the order has gone live, because no changes can be made while there's another order pending. 

It can't be tweaked at this stage.

Talktalk systems only deal with one thing at a time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
Thanks John, he has no Freeview and he wants other packages on his TV, thanks for your reply, I was hoping someone from TT would suggest something as I have been unable to get any support. It says things can't be added untill his broadband goes live which is just delay and faff, disappointing service for an elderly non savvy petson
0 Likes

John_G
Problem Solver
Message 8 of 9
Can your father in law just use the TV without a TalkTalk TV box? The TalkTalk TV box gives access to various streaming apps (Now, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc), is it the apps your father in law needs access to? If so you may be better off with a streaming stick of some kind (Kodi, Amazon Fire, Now etc...).

I'm sure someone from TalkTalk can help add TV to your father in law's package, I just wanted to make sure it really gives him something of use as there can occasionally be some misunderstanding as to what TalkTalk TV actually is nowadays!