TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tv but using the TV box maybe

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi i am now the proud owner of a

Samsung QE50QN94A  4K Ultra HD HDR 2000 Smart Samsung Neo QLED TV and a Samsung HW-Q600A sound bar.

Up to now i have just been watching the tv without the TT Box connected but i was thing about connecting the box to the In aerial and the out aerial to the TV so that i can record programmes easier and use TT's TV guide as i can go back a day or so and use the other features the TV doesnt have concerning the TT tv guide. Yes i can record using my Tv and a memory stick.

Will i lose and picture quality like the 4 k etc using the TT box?

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Thanks everyone 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Oh and check the TVs input settings as you may be able to tailor some settiings by HDMI port.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

The TalkTalk box is not 4K, nor for that is the free to air channels.

Use the in built players on the TV for 4k content when available and the box for recording, or for TV when you may want to pause it rewind. 

That's what I do.

Only you can say which picture will look better as people's perceptions of quality vary 

Hook the box up and do some testing by toggling box and TV.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).