TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Boost Channels

Amezz
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hello! Newbie here! Got a bit of explaining to do.

So a couple of years back I added the YouView box and an Entertainment Boost to my package. I installed everything and then turns out my TV signal coming into my flat was very weak and fell into the habit of watching everything on demand on my games console. Eventually I forgot about the box and I even stored it away. But I recognised I'd entered into a contract and continued to pay for it.

I recall getting the email a few months back about the Boost packages being discontinued and being replaced with NOW TV codes. But when the time came to re-do my package I decided against it.

When I picked a new internet package, the final page that showed my order also shows the Boost package. I thought it was weird and made a mental note to call in etc but you know what life is like? I'm the type of person that only remembers to call a company when they're either closed or when I'm working 😄

Anyway... last week I decided that I missed live TV and bought and indoor aerial. It works an absolute treat. I dug my YouView Box out and plugged it in. And hey presto! The Freeview channels are working!

But there are no subscription channels on the box.

Now, I understand that the package is discontinued, but since I'm paying for it I think I either have the right to have the channels or at least get it removed from my bill.

Any assistance with this would be helpful. Maybe I'm missing something on the box? I've been through all the settings and whatnot. It deffo says "Subscription channels: 0). Or it is simply because my order to renew my package had a system glitch?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

Is the TV box connected to the router, any subscription channels are received via the internet, not via the aerial.  

Also, any TV boost is managed via My Account, a customer can remove a TV boost at any time from within My Account directly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes