TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV on router

LisaH2
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hello,

The light has gone off for TV on my router. As such the You View box can't connect.

I have disconnected everything, left it a good half an hour. I have re-connected everything, checked all connections, still the TV light on the router won't light up. 

Tried again, making sure I have reset everything, double checked all the cables etc and still no joy.

On the router the Broadband and Internet lights up, solid green, all ok.

Ive tried to call talk talk but there is no helpline due to Corona virus.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Wow thank you Karl 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi

I've a new set of adapters on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Yes have tried this with no joy.

I also tried to pair them as per the link. Still no joy

I'm thinking perhaps if I disconnect everything overnight and try again in the morning I might have more luck, either that or Im gonna need new plugs

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Yes but without the antenna.

Have tried the pairing method on the link with no joy.

I have also tried putting the two plugs together with no joy 😞

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hy

They may not be 'paired'

Is it possible to put the 2 plugs side by side in a double socket, pair the adapters, then put them back in their locations.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

@LisaH2 

That sounds kike they are not paired. Could you try re-pairing them.

Is this what you have ? 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Wi-Fi-Extender-Kit-guide/ta-p/2205415

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Thank you for trying to help me.

I have tried resetting them. The two plus are different, the one to the router has three lights, the middle light is no longer illuminated.

The plug to the YouView box has four lights, the third light next to a symbol that looks like a little house is no longer illuminated.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi @LisaH2 

Could you try resetting and re-pairing the plugs and swapping them over. Are all 3 lights on both of the Power Line Adapters solid green with no red or amber flickering occasionally?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

No they are in separate rooms and not possible to connect direct.

I do have the talk talk power adapter plugs

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi

Is the TV direct to the router with an ethernet cable ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

The TV box has arrived. It worked fine for a day or two. Now no TV on the router, and no connection between the router and the you view box.

I can watch basic tv but that is it. No access to films, or services etc.

I reinstalled the old box. Still no TV on the router, therefore the router and you view aren't connecting.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi LisaH2

i'm showing a TV box order has been placed for you on 26th.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @LisaH2 

This has been escalated for you for OCE support and they will reply on here BUT

VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

Without this info they will not be able to tie up your account details from your screen name, so will not be able to check your line,router or box.

0 Likes