TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from Talktalk box

dansuk
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

My Huawei Youview box DN372T has no sound. I've swapped HDMI cables and sockets on the TV, checked the settings in the Sound section, ensured the volume is up and not muted and restarted the box but the problem persists. I've checked and there is no sound with live tv, internet channels or recordings.

Any further ideas or is the box faulty?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @dansuk 

It is probably worth trying a maintenance reset (option 2 keeps your recordings). The problem is that TT are now only supplying the non-recording boxes so I'm scratching my head for alternatives. I did experience this once and this did work in my case for some reason. This re-installs the operating system so fingers crossed.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

dansuk
Team Player
Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately no joy with a different lead or toggling the sound settings. I'm wondering if the box is faulty.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @dansuk 

Do you have an alternative HDMI lead to try?

You could also try Blue button on remote > up to Settings > Picture and Sound, try toggling both the HDMI Sound and the S/PDIF Sound to the alternative surround/stereo settings.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes