TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No subscription channels

irisjean
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I have just switched to talktalkTV and fibre broadband and while broadband is ok I have lost all subscription channels? They worked for the first 2 weeks.

When I try and watch sky one for example I get taken to a page saying i need to set up a subscription to watch i.e. take out a boost. I signed up for entertainment boost and this is still showing on my account page so i am puzzled as I am paying for a service that my tv box won't let me watch!

I did call the helpline and I think I was told to wait 72 hours but am confused as I am not technical. My son has said it must be an issue with the system verifying my subscription over the braod band connection?

I was hoping that perhaps you could help solve this issue or at least help explain what the problem is?

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi @Jodielee

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Jodielee
First Timer
Message 2 of 7
That has happened to me,the exact same problem & wonderd if yours has been fixed yet,I've had the problem since March 27 and talk talk still not fixed it
?? jodie ??
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Did you set up the channels, any further problems ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Karl

Thanks for the reply, due to lots of confusing telephone calls I forgot to check here!

I will try setting up the channels again later and ley you know

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi irisjean

I'm not seeing any issues with your connection.  There has been some work recently to migrate some TV content to a new platform.

If you follow the on screen steps to set up the channel, does this then allow the channel to work.  you would not be charged twice for the channel, this will just allow the TV box to check the subscription info in the TV database.

Please follow the steps then tell me if the channel works, if it remains the same or there is a different error message or just a blank screen when switching to channel 301 (Sky 1).

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

fre55die
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @irisjean

I have escalated this to OCE support and they will reply here.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes