TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now TV Sky Sports boost

TrishL
Participant
Message 8 of 8

My current Sky Sports discount is coming to end in October and I understand that I will have to cancel this boost and take out one via Now TV. However I have read that this will not be possible if I have a recordable set top box. Could you let me know what my options are as I do not want to loose the facility of recording programmes.

Thank you 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

You're welcome.  🙂

You will just need to change from going to Sky Sports via the EPG on the box and using the NOW app instead. 

0 Likes

TrishL
Participant
Message 2 of 8

Ok, thank you for your help

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 8

In which case it will support NOW TV. Via the app, rather than recording of course. 

0 Likes

TrishL
Participant
Message 4 of 8

It's a DN372T

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

Well you don't necessarily need to have a new box, unless your model does not have the NOW TV app, is it the 370t by any chance? If so, then TalkTalk should arrange another for you which you can use in conjunction with the current one. And NOW is of course available via many other devices. 

0 Likes

TrishL
Participant
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your reply. I don't necessarily want to record Sky Sports just don't want to lose the ability of recording other channels which I can at present by having to have a new non-recordable set top box.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

I don't believe you have to cancel as such, although TalkTalk will be withdrawing their Boost channels at some point. The only other ways you can record Sky Sports is by subscribing to Sky directly, or take NOW TV with a BT TV package. Otherwise, NOW is purely a streaming service. 

0 Likes