TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now TV app randomly crashing

FreddieJ
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have recently started using the NOW TV app through the box to watch the live channels that way but at random times it will just randomly stop working. Is there a way to fix this or even have the subscribed NOW TV channel streams through the set top box like BT does?

I'll be honest since TalkTalk dropped doing it's channel boosts having a TV service from them seems redundant. Part of the reason i signed up a few years ago was the low price from broadband and having access to some Sky channels I watched.

Are there any plans to relaunch a better TV service?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

No other way to stream Now TV via the box, than via the app.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

FreddieJ
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Already tried that. It is poor software from Now TV that causes it as it happens randomly with their app on all other devices I have tried at random times for no reason. That is why I asked if there was any way the streams could be added to the regular channel list like BT does with there service?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and set the box back up.  See if the performance of the app improves.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes