TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now TV

falconi66
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

Been using Sky Sports Pass via Now TV for a couple of months. Very disappointed with:

a) Picture quality, at times it's like an old video football game

b) Sound frequently is lost for 10 secs on and off

c) Whole screen freezes and the box has to be reset ( becoming more frequent)

d) The app itself just turns off!

I've looked at troubleshooting and on the Now TV website but nothing is improving. The obvious solution is to cancel but then I'm without Sky Sports.

I was thinking of adding BT to the existing package but given this experience I really don't know what to do?

Does anyone know if Sky can be operated without a dish but without having to use Now TV ( I assume not). 

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@ferguson the issues i am referring to are on YouView enabled boxes. The apps on these boxes have had sound drop outs and have needed a drop in frames per second to function to a reasonable standard, especially on sports.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 2 of 4

I have no problems with NOW TV on my smart TV or any other devices. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

There have been a number of issues with NowTV and YouView enabled boxes being reported on the YouView forum.

Updates have been applied to Humax boxes and should follow for TalkTalk ones.

However there are still issues being reported and the consensus is that the best way to view NowTV is to use their sticks. These can be picked up quite cheaply at the moment and include passes, so if you have a spare HDMI port, its an investment worth making. Check out your local supermarket for the best deals. 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes