TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand/Catch-up not working

Sue2210
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

The only on demand service that has worked since I joined TalkTalk recently is BBC iPlayer. Other channels run the adverts up to the start of the requested programme and then show a message saying that it's not available. Why does this happen and how can it be fixed? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
It's a shame that TalkTalk promotes the Apps as part of their TV service but when something goes wrong with them it's "beyond our control".

There's a chain of suppliers here, as with many businesses. If a supplier has problems with the App then that may not be directly caused by TalkTalk. For TalkTalk to not liaise with their supplier to fix the problem but rather state it's "beyond our control" isn't great for customers.

Anyway, in this case if all Apps, bar iPlayer, are failing then it seems more of a "platform" issue than an individual "App" problem. Hopefully a reset of the box will get you going again!

Good luck.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi,

The on demand apps are separate and each app is designed my the respective broadcaster.

It's similar to the apps on a phone.  We provide a platform but the apps are independent.

Youview Maintenance Reset  will have the effect of uninstalling the apps and then re-installing these to make sure there are no problems with the app installs.

Also, there have been issues with some of the apps themselves.  There was an issue with the ITV on demand app, freezing after adverts. This is something that ITV were looking into, but was beyond our control.

Try the reset and test the apps and see if they work.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I do have an aerial connected and I've checked that - it's fine. I have done a retune and checks that have been recommended on here. I haven't yet done the maintenance reset. What bothers me is that the on demand service, except for iPlayer, has never worked since I subscribed to TalkTalk in May. I have seen old messages going back quite a way from people with the same problem and you offer the same solution. If this has been ongoing, why have TalkTalk not done something about it before now, instead of leaving the customer to put it right (hopefully)? If it basically needs a factory reset then maybe TalkTalk should put it right at the factory before supplying the customer with a box that doesn't function properly. So far I'm totally unimpressed. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Do you have an aerial connected to the box ?

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes