Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

On Demand TV freezing

14 REPLIES 14
SteveB86
Sightseer

When watching on demand TV via the Talk Talk box the feed / picture keeps freezing it does not matter if BBC, ITV, All 4 etc. Had a long live chat (1h 45m) with an agent, who basically got me to do a Factory Reset on the box, which I did. When I went back to the agent saying that it had not sorted it, the chat was ended. Without any comment, I've printed out the transcript of the chat (6 pages), but where do I go from here?    

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Steve,

Is the box direct to the router with a cable or do you use powerline adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

SteveB86
Sightseer

Hi Karl

Powerline adapters

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl

Hi

Are the adapters direct into wall sockets ?

Is general internet ok to other devices etc ?

Can you add your home number to your 'Community Profile'  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SteveB86
Sightseer

Hi Karl

No the adapters are in extension leads (which was where your engineer put them originally), everything else seems OK.

Will add phone number.

Steve   

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl

Hi

Extension blocks will degrade the performance of the adapters and where possible these should be direct into wall sockets.  If used in an extension they should be in the first socket nearest the cable.

Is it possible to try relocating the adapters to see if there is improvement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

SteveB86
Sightseer

They are the first one in the block, re locating not possible due to location of PC / Router and the TV.

It has been fine for years its only in the last few weeks it has started to give problems.

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl

Hi

Try resetting the adapters and then pair them up and see if they still buffer.  If they do, we could try swapping them out for a new set.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

SteveB86
Sightseer

Will have a go at that, will let you know.

Steve

Steve Baldwin
SteveB86
Sightseer

Hi Karl

OK have re paired the adaptor's, it's better but not right. Last night watch a 2 hour show which froze after about 10 mins, could not do anything (FF, Rev etc) so hard to cancel and restart from beginning, it did buffer a few times. I pulled the plug board out so I could see the adaptor that is hard wired to the TV box and the powerline light was mostly amber (either steady or blinking) and only very occasionally going green, again either steady or blinking. I checked the one up stairs  to the router and that always seemed to be green (well at least when I looked!) 

Steve

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl

Hi Steve

I've a replacement set of adapters on the way to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

SteveB86
Sightseer

Thanks Karl

They arrived this afternoon, will let you know how we get on.

Steve

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

SteveB86
Sightseer

Hi Karl

All seems to be working OK at the moment, many thanks for your help.

Steve

Steve Baldwin
OCE_Karl

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips