TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSSIBLE YOUVIEW BOX FAILURE

robertm16
Chat Champion
Message 17 of 17

Huawei box DN372T.01.03.P

Component Software 3.6.277

Manufacturers Software 72.48.91

Box not recording or playing back recordings.  Box will pause and rewind live TV but will not playback existing recordings or record new programmes.

I had a similar fault almost a year ago and the box was replaced then so box is only a year old.

This looks like another box failure - can an OCE confirm and send me a replacement box.

Thanks,

Rob.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Karl ........

Thanks for confirming that - I'll contact the customer loyalty teams.

Rob.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi

Your assumption is correct.

You are not within contract, any termination requires 30 days notice.  New equipment can be supplied for renewal of contract.

This can be done by calling our customer loyalty teams directly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Could someone please reply to post 14 in this topic to clarify the situation.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Gliwmaeden2 

Just to be clear - TalkTalk is supplying my service on an agreement with a 30 day termination condition but if any of my TalkTalk supplied hardware fails then it will not be replaced unless I take out a new contract, even if I undertake to return any replaced hardware.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Rob.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Gliwmaeden2 

Thanks for the information and endorsement of TalkTalk

Rob.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Thanks for the info Karl

Rob

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

@robertm16, the Chat links are available from the update link on the home page, so here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

You'll probably find that you can get a better deal, anyway, renewing for a fixed term  - this means that broadband and line rental will not increase during that time. Boosts are subject to price changes. 

Yes, you are effectively still in an agreement with Talktalk which means that they supply your services, but with 30 days' notice you could change supplier  - even less if it were to be to an Openreach serviced provider that took over the line sooner. 

Talktalk is really very generous with the supply of equipment, and it wouldn't make sense to just hand this stuff out while people can leave without penalty within a few weeks. Warranty cover means that TT is still responsible for it running properly while you are in contract. 

They wouldn't be able to follow up problems with it for you otherwise. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi

The chat link is about half way down the following page :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Karl ......

Thanks for the info - I’ll look into that - it obviously wasn’t a problem last year when my faulty box was replaced straight away. Can you give me a link to the ‘chat’ function - I can’t see it on the Community home page.
After another full factory reset the box is working but, after one failure, I think it may well fail again.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

You are not within contract and new equipment will only be supplied for renewal of the contract.

If you want to discuss further, please call our customer loyalty colleagues directly on 03451720046

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Karl ......

I'm obviously missing something here - I don't understand how I'm out of contract as you say - I'm being charged every month for the service I receive and as far as I'm aware I'm on a contract of some sort.  Can you explain this or do I need to contact the accounts department.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Rob.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi

Equipment is only covered by a warranty when in contract.  When out of contact we will ask this is renewed before the supply of new equipment.

It's up to you, but I cannot replace the box until the contract is renewed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Karl ......

Why do I need to renew my contract?  I was under the impression that I had a continuously running contract that I have had for a number of years.

Rob.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi

A replacement box can be issued if the contract is renewed.  This can be done via My Account directly or by calling or live chat with our loyalty teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi Karl .............

I have tried both reset options with no change - box will still not record.

Rob.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

If this fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes