TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture break-up on Sky Sport boost

Penfoldbin28
Team Player
Message 35 of 35

I have had an issue with the Sky Sports boost for quite along time now.  When initially turned on the picture breaks up and the only way to correct it is to reset the router then it seems ok until the next day then same procedure all over again.

I think it is a router problem as I have multi-room and the same issue occurs on the the 2nd set top box.  Unfortunately I lost the sky boost, well not lost it but it kept saying that it needed addind or something similar!  You couls see the channel it just didnt come on!  IPC6017 

I yesterday received a new set top box for box 1 and again the picture is breaking up! Just what is the answer and the way forward.

This morning I reset the multli-room box to factory setting and eventually the Sky boost has re-appeared but the feed is still breaking up!

Help!

David
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Completely all my fault as somehow I turned off the powerline adapter earlier today and didn't realise it until you mentioned that it could be a problem with the adapter.

I am sorry for being incompetent in this case!

Whatever the Openreach engineer did on Wednesday has certainly helped with the reception on the Sky boost too so hats off to him as well!

Regards

David
0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

I think the problem may be mine as somehow I managed to turn off the powerline adapter but now cant get it back on.

Sorry about this!

David
0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

I keep getting that 500/501 error too, obviously a blip with the forum servers at the moment to add to the fun!

Have you tried a direct connection  by ethernet cable from box to router? I realise this may not be practical in the long term, but just for testing purposes. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

I keep getting 500 Internal Error when I try to respond to you!

Powerline connectors.  All been switched off and back on again.  Still no boost and also I cant get last seven days tv or apps 

Match nearly over what a waste of time this is - very annoyed

David
0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

OK, apologies if we are going over old ground, but how is the box connected to the router? Could it be a powerline issue? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Yes we've even had Openreach out last week which appeared to have resolved the initial problem but now there's now connection between the router and box.  At one point there was no channels available at all. 

David
0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Has it been working OK since OCE Karl last responded a month ago? Did you reply to his PM?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

No Sky boost or apps now.  Really annoying as we wanted to watch Leeds v Arsenal.

Very annoying!

David
0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Hi

I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi

The problem needs sorting so if that is your recommendation then I suppose that's what needs to be done.

I await further details.

Regards

David
0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi

The sync speed is at 39mb, this is the agreed speed between the router and exchange.

Actual download speeds will be a bit lower and should average around 32-35 but this is also dependant on the device used and the speed test used.

The next option would be to progress towards an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 12 of 35

Sorry i mean I've plugged my laptop into the router

David
0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hello Karl

I've plugged it directly into the router and the checks I've done range from 14.5 to 33mb.  Most were top 20's to early 30's but non reached what you achieved.

We had to reboot the router several times yesterday whilst watching the Sky Sports channels and this morning there is still interference on Sky Sports - I haven't rebooted this morning.

David
0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi

Sync speed is showing at 39mb, was the last speed test wireless or wired ?  It is important to run the test wired to get an accurate result.

Can you test the speeds via the TalkTalk speed test or alternatively try : Sam Knows Speed Test

I've found this to be relatively accurate.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 15 of 35

Hello again

Picture was ok earlier today but turned it onto Sky 402 and picture now breaking up.

I've put the splitter into the test socket which rebooted the router.  I thought that this would reset the picture but it didn't so I connected the ethernet cable from the router to the set top box and it is still breaking up.  On the Which? speed checker the download speed was 13.4mbps

David
0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Hello Karl just a quick update.

Yesterday the picture didn't break up at all but when I've checked this morning the picture was breaking up!  I've now rebooted the router and it seems ok!  I forgot to do the check on the test socket so I'll try and remember this next time it happens. 

For a few days I've also had a problem with a Wi-fi connection to my laptop in  the lounge and conservatory as it wouldn't connect unless I was quite close to the router - this isn't a new problem but again is rectified on most occasions as this morning by a router reboot.  Oddly enough other devises like mobiles and a tablet are ok and keep the connection.

Regards

David
0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Oops sorry I'm wrong I may have a test socket - I will investigate and get back to you.

However the picture is fine at the moment

David
0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hello again, I checked both set top boxes this am and the picture was good and not breaking up.

I'm not sure what you mean by test socket as there is only the standard phone socket in the house so I use the splitter for phone and broadband.

David
0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi

All tests are clear, no errors showing on the line, every test I've ran is clear.

Can you connect the router directly at the 'Test Socket' and see if this makes any differance.

After this, an engineer may be required to investigate further.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes