TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture breakup with new youview box

kennyp
Team Player
Message 16 of 16

A few months ago Talktalk sent me a new Youview box because they said that mine was obsolete and would not receive futher updates. When I installed the new box I found that there was a lot of annoying pixilating on the picture so I went back to the old box which worked perfectly. Then a couple of weeks ago I got another message from TalkTalk saying that they were sending me a new box. Again when I installed the new box the picture quality was bad.

Can I continue using the old box or will it eventually stop working? I'm quite happy with the old box and I have never had any problems with the picture quality with it.

Thanks,

Kenny.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

Glad you got to the bottom of the problem.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

kennyp
Team Player
Message 2 of 16

Hi Karl,

Removing the firestick from the other HDMI port has solved the problem. I have now reinstalled the firestick via an HDMI extension lead and this has stopped the interference. 

All good now.

Thanks,

Kenny,

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi

A returns bag is on the way.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Thanks Karl. I'm not sure if my booster has this feature.

I've been searching online for a solution to this problem and I found this article: HDMI Cables and EMI | Interference Technology

I have an Amazon Firestick connected to another HDMI slot on the TV. I have now disconnected it and I will see if that helps. I will let you know soon.

In the mean time if you can send me a returns bag I will send you back the second box that TalkTalk sent me.

Thanks,

Kenny.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi

It sounds ok, but I have seen amplifiers cause issues with the signal so if this is the type of amplifier with a variable output, try reducing the strength a little.  Too strong a signal can also cause issues.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Karl,

I'm already using a signal amplifier as there are three TVs running from the same aerial. The signal strength is constant on all channels that I have checked at 57% and signal quality is 100%. Does that sound OK?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi

If you don't want me to replace the box, all I can suggest is to try a signal amplifier.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

So no solution to this problem for me then?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Karl,

I don't think there's any point in sending out a replacement box as TalkTalk has already sent me two of these and they both have the same problem with picture breakup.

After the first one was sent out I tried it for a few days and then went back to the old one. Then a few months later TalkTalk sent me another new one.

If you want to send me a returns bag I can send one of them back to you.

Thanks,

Kenny.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi

The DN360T box I had worked fine with no issues.

Youview will no longer support the older boxes and some apps will not support this box. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Thanks for your reply Karl.

I'm just wondering if someone can suggest a reason why the new boxes don't work properly for me as I've been told that the old box will soon become obsolete.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi

You can continue to use the old box if you prefer or we can swap out the replacement box and send a returns bag for the other.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

kennyp
Team Player
Message 13 of 16

So no one from TalkTalk is available to help me with this problem. Why does that not surprise me?

Gonna have to buy an alternative box which actually works. I'm getting really fed up with TalkTalk service.

0 Likes

kennyp
Team Player
Message 14 of 16

Thanks Frsys.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why this problem affects the new box but not the old one.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

There is no reason why you should not use your old box. It just won't receive any updates and you will find that one by one your catch up apps will fail, as they are updated using new technology that your box will not be able to run.

The latest will be the ITV hub which will not play some content from January, and as older content is removed will become obsolete.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes