TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation

Tripleh
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi, 

I have had pixelation problems on certain channels for years, but just switched to my tv free view when it got bad. I recently bought a new aerial and the engineer showed me why I get pixelation. There are 2 transmitters in my “range” one of them is in the lower range when tuning my TT box but the stronger transmitter is in the higher range. So when we tune the TT box it finds the lower range transmitter and not the better one. He said it’s an inherent problem with your box. Can you help please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

You could also take a look in the 800 range and see if the box has sorted the higher strength channels here and use these. Not ideal, but as mentioned previously clearing the memory with the aerial out and then fully retuning, should of helped, but I notice you said you put the aerial in whilst tuning, so it may still be holding a memory trace.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

You could try a signal booster, but other than that, nothing else I can suggest. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Tripleh
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

Hi Karl, that is my case, so how do you suggest I overcome the pixelation? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

It is not possible to manually tune or select a transmitter on the youview box when tuning for freeview channels.  The box will usually pick the best signal at the time, but issues such as this may occur when you are equidistant from 2 transmitters.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Tripleh
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi fr8ys

the aerial actually goes to the box first. The engineer even tried a factory reset first then retuned but the box still plays the weaker channels first. He tried leaving the aerial out and putting it back in half way through tuning and that didn’t work. He said when tuning it doesn’t show anything only a progress indication. Thank you for your reply though 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

The box should pull in the strongest signal.

Does the aerial go to the TV first or the Box first? If the TV try swapping the cables round so the aerial goes to the box first. If you haven't done so, turn the antenna out function of the box to On, so the signal gets through to the TV.

Then remove the aerial from the box and perform a retune. This will result in 0 channels, but will clear the box of any residual memory.

Reattach the aerial and retune again and you should then pick up the stronger signal.

Let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes