TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback failure TTG-252

kevincraw
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

My son chose Easter Bunny Adventure film yesterday (29/03) but when trying to play it today we keep getting the TTG-252 error message. When will it be fixed as time is running out on the rental!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Sutters, please start your own thread and update your profile to include your landline number. Once you've done that post back and I'll be happy to help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Ever since upgrading to fibre we have been unable to view rented films.

Strangely the rental fee is charged to our account, but despite several lengthy chats and a visit from an engineer to our residents, the only thing that has changed is that a purchased film has now disappeared from the list of our stuff.

Cannot login to https://www.talktalktv.co.uk/#/ Account not found. apparently.

Thought I'd mention this here as nothing else seems to be working.TTG-252.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Thanks for confirming.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

I followed the advice from Gondola and viewed the film on another device and all was ok. The problem has been resolved.

Many thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Kevin

Do you need help with this ?

Have you rebooted the box via the button at the back then tried accessing content from More TV ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Kevin

Just to add that if the rental hasn't actually started yet you'll still have 30 days to watch the rental.

One workaround that I found recently was that the purchased / rented content was viewable on an android tablet even though not on the TV Box or Windows 10 notebook.

So, if you do have a tablet and that's acceptable for your lad's viewing you could try watching via the TalkTalk TV app. Download from PlayStore (or iTunes for an iPad). Login with your TalkTalk TV login as usual.  To test if playback is working first try playing a trailer from any movie. That doesn't require subscription authorisation.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
Thanks Gondola - I will keep checking then use chat etc. if required.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @kevincraw

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you when they return after the Easter holiday.

I think you've probably done this bit but check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

If the 48 hour rental time has run out before this issue is fixed then the team will certainly refund the cost.

Most of the TalkTalk Community support team will return on 3rd April. Until then the best options for TalkTalk support are LiveChat or Messenger on the MyTalkTalk mobile app (8am to 10pm).

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from your TalkTalk phone (8am-8pm) with Technical Support 24/7 every day.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes