TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal through box but ok on my tv

peter griffin
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I've been struggling with rubbish signal for a few weeks when using my you view box. Recently in the High winds my aerial took a bashing so after I had it repositioned I was hoping things would improve.  Unfortunately  I'm still left with poor signal quality and blocky pictures. I'm  pretty sure its the box as when I watch the same channels through my TV tuner all is good. I've retuned the box and although i get a decent number of channels have a bad picture through quite a few of them( quest, blaze etc), unlike my TV which shows these channels as good quality.

Can you help?

Failed recordings, blocky signal pictures etc.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

If you do decide to renew the contract, let me know and I'll make sure they issue a replacement box for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I tried that last night and if anything it made it slightly worse,. I'm even getting glitches on bbc1 now. 

The tv's tuner still gives me perfect pictures and the aerial to the TV comes from the back of the you view box. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

@peter griffin Try a retune without the aerial connected to the box, this will clear the tuner memory. Then reconnect the aerial and retune again, see if that improves things. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi 

A replacement box can be issued if the contract is renewed.  This can be done online via My Account or by calling our customer loyalty teams directly on 03451720046

Let me know when this has been completed and a box can be dispatched.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes