TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline adapter

RicMaratTT
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Is it possible to buy additional receivers for the Powerline system?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl. I noticed you had a recent exchange with a TT customer about TT D-Link Power Adapters 'dropping out' so thought I'd post my query here as I couldn't find that again.

I have a similar issue but it's not that one doesn't work: it's that it just stops working overnight (every night), so - for the past few months - it needs to be reset every morning (the only light displaying is the right-hand network one, and it is flashing, not solid green). Sometimes it can take multiple attempts - by turning it on and off - to get all three lights to show green. Once this is done, the Power Adapter - which feeds my YouView box - then remains on and functioning for the remainder of the day (so typically, for at least another 18 hours), but always returns to a single flashing green light the next morning. Weird, huh?

Once, at 4am, I came downstairs and noticed the entire Power Adapter had no lights flashing - which may explain why there is then a single light flashing at 7am... - but I can't understand what would cause it to shut down between, say, midnight and 4am every day (no other appliances are affected). I have swapped the mains socket that the Power Adapter is plugged into and this makes no difference. I have also swapped Power Adapters (the other one is connected to my router). Any suggestions on how to fix this, or would it be better to try new Power Adapters.

Thanks,

AK 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The adapters are both transmitter / receiver, and you can have more than one on the circuit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

RicMaratTT
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, Karl, is it possible to have more than one 'receiver' on the circuit at a time? Can I just get the 'receiver' part?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Take a look here :  https://accessories.talktalk.co.uk/

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips