TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline adapters not pairing

jenngalla
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have been through all of the troubleshooting advice for pairing my powerline adapters, but nothing works. I am also unable to reset factory settings, as there is no reset button on my adapters, only a pair button. 

I am trying to pair the 2 adapters 1 metre apart, so distance should not be the problem. Please advise!

Jennifer Leyland
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jenngalla

Can you add your phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl, 

I did as you said and placed both powerline adapter and receiver next to each other in the same socket. They didn't pair automatically so I pressed the transmitter pair button for 2 seconds. Then I held down the receiver button and it flashed Amber, but did not remain solid. I continued to hold the Button down and it flashed Amber again but once more did not remain solid. The green power light was solid on the receiver when I removed my finger.  According to the instructions I should press the reset button, but there is no reset button on either transmitter or receiver. Help!

Jennifer Leyland
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Extension leads can weaken the signal so we always advise to plug directly into the wall sockets where possible.  Are you able to try these in a double wall socket ? 

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jenngalla
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

I had the adapters plugged in next to each other, 1 was plugged into an extension lead and I placed it next to the other which was directly into the wall.

I ordered new powerline adapters a few months ago because I also had problems with the previous ones. 

I thought maybe the issue was our broadband speed, so we upgrades recently, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference 😕

Jennifer Leyland
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Can you see if they will pair side by side in a double wall socket, then place back in their original positions ?

also, how long have you had these adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes