Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Powerline adaptor? Amazon Prime offer. Two boxes being sent

6 REPLIES 6
IM2000
First Timer

Hi, grateful for some help. My elderly father has asked me to set up his new youview box, and I’ve discovered his router is in another room. There is no phone socket next to the TV. When we set up the new contract with Talktalk we were told he wouldn’t need anything else to set it up but I think he now needs a Powerline adaptor. How can I go about getting him one of these? 

Also, he is meant to have a free prime subscription but hasn’t received the email with the code etc. It probably should have come by now (contract started 20 August). 

Finally, it looks like he is being sent a second youview box (he already received one). He has received two letters, both dated 19 August, one received a week ago with the correct package details on, one received today with incorrect package details (higher amount, no discount applied) so it’s very confusing and as a pensioner he is now worried about 1. Paying more than he should, and 2. Paying twice.  Is there anyone who could help us sort this out? Thanks for your help. 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @IM2000 the team here will sort this out, please be sure your dad's landline number is in your profile, it's used to identify the account.

The team here work weekdays so it will be Monday at the earliest.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
IM2000
First Timer

Hi @Divsec , thanks for your help. I have put the landline in so hopefully we can get it all sorted for him next week. Great to have this community here. 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @IM2000 sorry we can't do more till Monday but things should get sorted quickly after that.

D

Thanks for the kind words there are quite a few helpful people in this community.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 

Powerline adapters are on the way.

I've emailed one of our contacts internally to chase the Amazon Prime voucher. - Will reply here as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

IM2000
First Timer

Thank you Karl, we really appreciate it! 

We received the Prime email today as well!!

Thanks again for your help 

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

No Problem 🙂

Glad to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE